Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Deep Cleaning.... Ugh!

Oh yeah, I'm not one of those people who loves to cleans and keeps their house in tip top shape. (Do those people really exist?) But, when I have guests coming over to stay I tend to get down and get the dirty out. Hence my cleaning spree last week.

I needed our kitchen to glisten and with the countertops and microwave all scrubbed I turned my attention to the stove and low and behold there was grease and grime all over the hood. Some Pinesol wiped most of it away but running those microwave hood vents in the dishwasher didn't make a big difference in their cleanliness. Soooooo, enter the baking soda!

I grabbed our largest stock pot and started some water boiling. Once it was boiling I slowly added 1/4 cup of baking soda (it makes a little fizz). My grates/filters were too large to submerge but I were able to get half of them covered in the water.

Boil for about 15 minutes and them flip. Rinse in the sink and you're done! I was so shocked at how clean my grates became. Friends were shocked when I sent them photos. the before is on top and the after is the clean silver metal on the bottom.

Clean living can mean more than just eating healthy. It can mean eating in a really clean kitchen and cooking under a deeply cleaned hood.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment