Thursday, July 5, 2012

Journey to Health

Today we started the day with a smoothie and I just might be convinced that these little blended beverages are my new best friend. My kids like their veggies, but we tend to only eat them at dinner so adding a handful of kale or spinach to a smoothie is seeming like an awesome way to add in those greens without feeding my kids spinach and salad for breakfast.

Today's adventure was:
3 cups of kale
1 cup of frozen strawberries
1 cup of frozen blueberries
1 cup of Greek plain non-fat yogurt
1/2 cup of Bob's Red Mill Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal (this is super high in fiber and Dr. Oz was just talking about how this little seed helps keep you full after eating it)
1 cup of Minute Maid's 15 calorie Peach Fruit Drink (that's what I had on hand, but I'm definitely thinking that there is a healthier liquid to add next time).

Blend up it in your best blender, I love my Ninja but had to use the big guns on this since I was making enough for the whole family, made 4 glasses of about 12 ounces each. Myself and the kids all LOVED it and nobody would even guess that there's kale inside it! We all got a little yogurt in our bellies, a bunch of fruit, kale and some fiber packed flaxseed!

Pictures you ask? See below

No comments:

Post a Comment