Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Winter in Myrtle Beach

We had a leisurely morning with coffee, bagels, and cream cheese. Nothing quick. Hot showers and slow mornings are what vacations are made of right? I listened to my audiobook “The Measure” while watching the sunrise over the Atlantic. 

We set our eyes on Splinter City Disc Golf Course and headed out around 10am. If you sleep in until noon, vacationing with us might be a challenge. 

It was a decent course but there were some frustrations today. Jacob shot 5 over, Todd 6 over, and Emily up 11. Katie had fun and I took videos for the Gram. You can see two birdies in there which made them happy.



We’ve been playing every other day which gives their arms a break in between. Afterward we needed grub, such is the life when vacationing, so we yelped a poke bowl place and found ourselves in a little outdoor mall that is probably packed in summer. 


The poke bowls were yummy and my Thai green curry was spicy and delicious. Everything was awesome and we agreed that we have had some excellent meals on this trip.

We stopped by the local Walmart superstore for essentials, and got back to the condo for some afternoon rest and relaxation. I started a load of laundry…only to find that the agitator didn’t appear to work. Hence the impromptu broom agitator. Ugh. So much for clean clothes!

Katie worked on her credential classes, Todd worked from his laptop, Em crocheted, and Jacob watched How Things are Made, and I listened to my book. 

As the sun set, tummies growled and we scoped out the bar and grill next door to our condo, Bummz Beach Cafe, while the laundry ran in the communal laundry room on the main floor. The airbnb host said he’d reimburse me for the inconvenience but really it’s just a few bucks. 

Their specialty were the grouper fries so that’s what Jacob got. He approved! A few burgers and chicken tenders were devoured and we are full again, ready for the couch and some boob tube as our Grams would call it.



Vacationing might just be finding food in different cities. Today when I received the poke place on Yelp, it gave me a badge for reviewing three Thai places in one month 😮 I guess we like Thai food! The real question is, can I get paid to do this? Eat and travel? That’s the dream, right?

The rest of the crew is watching Total Recall in the other room while I listen to my audiobook in the hopes that I might finish it on this trip. It has grasped my attention and I can’t wait to see how it ends. 😬 

And in a last minute decision, I ran to Ross at 8pm to get swimsuits so Katie and I could use the hot tub. Sadly they didn’t have swimsuits so sports bras and biker shorts were the purchase and we had the hot tub to ourselves! This condo complex has three and the indoor one had kids in it, but luckily the outdoor one with the waves crashing behind us was wide open and all for us. 15 minutes of soaking relaxation finished and now we are showered off and ready for bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment